The administration of Baikal State University (Irkutsk, Russia) is happy to inform you about one of
Russia’s leading universities and its Bachelor’s and Master’s academic programs, which might be
interesting and attractive for undergraduate applicants from different countries.
Baikal State University is located in Irkutsk, a large administrative center in Eastern Siberia, with
population of over 600,000. Only 60 km away from Irkutsk there is the world-famous lake Baikal
listed among UNESCO’s world heritage sites. Irkutsk is a multicultural city, which helps people of
different nationalities fit in the local environment, and many non-residents feel like home here.
Irkutsk citizens are friendly and tolerant, and demonstrate a true interest in cultures and ways of
The university has a long history, since 1930, it has become a large academic and scientific center,
and is currently establishing itself in the international education space. Long-time traditions,
highly-qualified teaching staff, well-established scientific schools, and a wide range of academic
programs – all these guarantee a high quality training of potential specialists and executives. We
gladly invite young people from different countries to study at Baikal State University.
Baikal State University offers:
- 25 Bachelor’s programs (a 4-year academic period);
- 30 Master’s programs (a 2-year academic period).
The university not only provides classic academic training on Economics, Management, Law, Public
administration, Commerce, Business analytics, and Tourism, but also offers relatively new programs
on International Relations, Journalism, Linguistics, Translation Studies, Art and Humanities, with
the focus on Theory and Methods of Teaching Russian to Students of Other Languages, Language Support
of International Relation, as well as Theory and Practices of Cross-Cultural Communication.
The advantages of studying at Baikal University include:
- 1. A wide range of Bachelor’s and Master’s academic programs based on our best practices;
- 2. Up-to-date educational technologies;
- 3. Opportunities to acquire competences relevant in a multi-cultural environment;
- 4. Communication and interaction with students from over 10 countries; international academic
- 5. Master's programs International management and Banking and Finance (in English);
- 6. Opportunities to choose from a number of languages, including Russian, to study, as well as
to learn language teaching methods;
- 7. Participation in academic mobility programs due to established links and cooperation with
foreign universities and international organization;
- 8. Favorable geographic location and accessibility of Irkutsk;
- 9. A comfortable and well-equipped campus, which facilitates the academic process and helps to
combine study, rest, and sports activities. The dorms are easily accessible, and cost about $ 10
Choosing Irkutsk as place for their academic residence, foreign students get a wonderful opportunity
to travel and observe beautiful local sites, and get to know cultures and ways of other nations.
Among our strategic priorities – strengthening our international links, internationalization of
higher education, building-up partner relationships, and enhancing friendly connections. We are
aimed at providing high-standard training for students, and developing the university into a
cross-border educational center.
We sincerely hope for the interest in the prospects of cooperation with us and training students from
different countries at our university. The more detailed information about Baikal State University,
regulations for foreign students’ enrollment, and academic programs is available on our website.